Social media. One of the best things, in my opinion, since sliced bread. I love being able to connect to people all over the world as well as the ones in my own back yard, see what they are up to and give them a little glimpse into my life. Do they care? Yeah. I think they do … at least some of them, anyway. Of course, it is a lot like everything else in life in that we all want everyone to like us, but reality is a real killjoy. And like life, some people will like the content that is posted, some won’t and others will be either indifferent or oblivious. I know when I tweet, Google+ or Facebook something, there is a chance that somebody will read it, relate to it, laugh at it, cry over it, get their back up about it, come to my defense for it, rally for a cause or just pass it along because for whatever reason, they found it interesting. When they do, they are passing along a little piece of me. And I want that little piece to represent who I am, what I believe and the things I stand for so that at the end of the day, I know that I have been true to myself. Same goes for the things of others that I pass along on what started out as a grapevine but has grown into a vineyard that has branches all over the globe. Look at your own activity. Do you re-tweet, share or +1 everything you read? Of course not. If we all liked everything that everyone else wrote, and they liked everything we wrote, then that would mean that we were all alike and I, personally, would not want to live in a world full of people just like me. We would brain each other with a hammer inside of a week. No thanks.
Other roads on the way to now
- RT @Marsh_Blood: We have four great opportunities to give this Tuesday, May 4! Will you stop by one of our mobile blood drives? If you can… 1 month ago
- RT @GreatSmokyNPS: The wildflowers seen here, the Pink Lady Slipper (Cypripedium acaule) and Yellow Lady Slipper (Cypripedium pubescens), a… 1 month ago
- RT @ChrisHurstVA: PLEASE SHARE: An Amber alert for a 2-year-old child last seen in Giles County was just posted. If you have questions or n… 1 month ago
- You can throw a rock in any direction and hit a recipe for spicy Thai coconut curry chicken. I… instagram.com/p/BNsjSVOhuII/ 4 years ago
- Haven't found the offensive tweet but have changed my pw. Any malicious tweet re: #GatlinburgFires did not come from me. 4 years ago