Light. A photographer’s best friend and worst enemy at the same time. I think it is safe to say I spend much of my time chasing the light, hoping to beat it to the punch and be there waiting for it when it decides to bring out the beauty of whatever it is that I have come to see. Sometimes, though, light throws me a bone and lets me see it in ways that I wouldn’t have imagined. One of those times happened here. This shot was and continues to be one of my favorites and it was a complete surprise. I got some curious glances, but they weren’t the first and likely will not be the last. Thankfully, I never go anywhere without my camera … not even the bathroom, which is where this glorious image was found. I’m grateful for every shot, but I always feel a little like I’ve won the lottery when I get a great shot that I wasn’t expecting and didn’t have to work for.
Join 103 other subscribers
Other roads on the way to now
- RT @Marsh_Blood: We have four great opportunities to give this Tuesday, May 4! Will you stop by one of our mobile blood drives? If you can… 1 year ago
- RT @GreatSmokyNPS: The wildflowers seen here, the Pink Lady Slipper (Cypripedium acaule) and Yellow Lady Slipper (Cypripedium pubescens), a… 1 year ago
- RT @ChrisHurstVA: PLEASE SHARE: An Amber alert for a 2-year-old child last seen in Giles County was just posted. If you have questions or n… 1 year ago
- You can throw a rock in any direction and hit a recipe for spicy Thai coconut curry chicken. I… instagram.com/p/BNsjSVOhuII/ 6 years ago
- Haven't found the offensive tweet but have changed my pw. Any malicious tweet re: #GatlinburgFires did not come from me. 6 years ago