Light. A photographer’s best friend and worst enemy at the same time. I think it is safe to say I spend much of my time chasing the light, hoping to beat it to the punch and be there waiting for it when it decides to bring out the beauty of whatever it is that I have come to see. Sometimes, though, light throws me a bone and lets me see it in ways that I wouldn’t have imagined. One of those times happened here. This shot was and continues to be one of my favorites and it was a complete surprise. I got some curious glances, but they weren’t the first and likely will not be the last. Thankfully, I never go anywhere without my camera … not even the bathroom, which is where this glorious image was found. I’m grateful for every shot, but I always feel a little like I’ve won the lottery when I get a great shot that I wasn’t expecting and didn’t have to work for.
Other roads on the way to now
- You can throw a rock in any direction and hit a recipe for spicy Thai coconut curry chicken. I… instagram.com/p/BNsjSVOhuII/ 1 year ago
- Haven't found the offensive tweet but have changed my pw. Any malicious tweet re: #GatlinburgFires did not come from me. 1 year ago
- I received a notification that I retweeted something I'd never share. I fear my account has been hacked #Gatlinburg is in my prayers. 1 year ago
- The Canon lens coffee mug I gave myself for my birthday. Had no idea this existed. Great gift… instagram.com/p/BNiWXhzBszs/ 1 year ago
- Read Baxter's account of the events that got him in trouble ginamintonkearns.com/2016/12/01/my-… #greatpyreneespup #deerhunter #intelligentdog 1 year ago