Social media. One of the best things, in my opinion, since sliced bread. I love being able to connect to people all over the world as well as the ones in my own back yard, see what they are up to and give them a little glimpse into my life. Do they care? Yeah. I think they do … at least some of them, anyway. Of course, it is a lot like everything else in life in that we all want everyone to like us, but reality is a real killjoy. And like life, some people will like the content that is posted, some won’t and others will be either indifferent or oblivious. I know when I tweet, Google+ or Facebook something, there is a chance that somebody will read it, relate to it, laugh at it, cry over it, get their back up about it, come to my defense for it, rally for a cause or just pass it along because for whatever reason, they found it interesting. When they do, they are passing along a little piece of me. And I want that little piece to represent who I am, what I believe and the things I stand for so that at the end of the day, I know that I have been true to myself. Same goes for the things of others that I pass along on what started out as a grapevine but has grown into a vineyard that has branches all over the globe. Look at your own activity. Do you re-tweet, share or +1 everything you read? Of course not. If we all liked everything that everyone else wrote, and they liked everything we wrote, then that would mean that we were all alike and I, personally, would not want to live in a world full of people just like me. We would brain each other with a hammer inside of a week. No thanks.
Other roads on the way to now
- When the sky blooms, it is breathtaking ... #rainbow #bigmoccasin http://t.co/uwN52SzKxK 4 hours ago
- Ironically, I created this card only a few months before the sudden, unexpected death of my husband. I had no... fb.me/2DqoUJBIY 13 hours ago
- my tea became cold while I was chasing rainbows ... i don't mind cold tea ... #teatime all the time in my world. #formercoffeedrinker 16 hours ago
- The beauty of light refracted .. i love being a #photographer ... #rainbow over #ClinchMtn #bigmoccasin #swva #tteots http://t.co/Ymp2GYOFUX 16 hours ago
- featured on the #GCU mass mailing. my #niece #tteots :) Congratulations #Graduate: Child laughing card (190642) greetingcarduniverse.com/congratulation… 17 hours ago